Saturday, January 01, 2011

New iPad to Have CDMA Model?


You know how I feel about my iPad.  Also, I love any and every rumour about the new one I can get my grimy lil hands on.  Here's the latest I've found:

RUMOR: Next iPad May Have CDMA Model
A new rumor has surfaced in regards to the next-generation iPad, following recent reports that it will arrive in Wi-Fi and UMTS versions. According to sources, there will also be a third CDMA model compatible with Verizon Wireless and Sprint.

The news isn't surprising given all the talk surrounding Apple, CDMA support, and a Verizon-compatible iPhone. In fact, building a CDMA version has probably been in the works ever since Apple began planning the iPad. This model would allow Verizon and other CDMA-based networks to provide the tablet as-is rather than creating pricier bundles that include a Wi-Fi model and a portable hotspot device.

No comments:

Post a Comment